(image from winterplace.com)
We will be going to Winterplace Ski Resort in West Virginia for the February Trip. The trip is scheduled for Feb 22-24, 2013. (Please note: This is the weekend after President’s Day Weekend.)
There will be three ski package options available (note Option 3 is only available to adults.) Since this is a BSA planned ski trip, all trip participants are required to wear skiing helmets (bike helmets are not a substitute.) Helmets are available for rent and the cost is included in all the pricings. All Scouts will be required to participate in an ability group ski lesson.
- 2/22 5pm Depart Scout Hut (We really need to leave at 5pm in order to get our ski checkout accomplished Friday night at the resort.)
- 2/23 8am - 8pm Full Day Skiing – includes lesson and Snow Sports MB Program
- 2/24 8am – 12pm Half-Day Skiing, 5pm return to Scout Hut
- Option 1: Scout Ski Package with full Equipment = $110.00
- Option 2: Scout Ski Package - Lift Ticket and Helmet Rental only = $85.00
- Option 3: (Adults Only) Lift Ticket and Helmet Rental only = $75.00
Greg LeBlanc and I will be orchestrating a Snowsports Merit Badge Program. More information will be provided in later e-mails.
- Snowboard rentals are an additional $36.00. Please let me know if you or your son will be renting a snowboard.
- Scouts will be responsible for 2 meals. Friday night supper (as usual) and Saturday night dinner at the ski lodge cafeteria (approximately $10-$15).
- All Parents/Guardians will be responsible for completing a rental liability agreement (copy attached) for their Scout’s rented equipment. (This includes Helmet only rentals.) You son will be responsible for the accountability of his equipment at the ski slope. Your credit card will not be charged for the rental cost but you will are responsible for the terms of the rental agreement. I strongly recommend either brining a ski lock or spend the $1 for ski check-in for lunch and dinner (approximately 4 x $1 bills should be sufficient for the ski check process.) Attached is a copy of the rental agreement. I will also have copies available at the Scout Hut.
We have done our best to keep the costs controlled.
Please let me know if you and/or your Scouts will be attending and provide payment by February 11th. I can flex until the Friday (2/22) we depart but please let me know. I or someone assisting me will be collecting money and rental agreements at each of the Scout meetings from now until the trip.
- The Troop will be securing a lodging location.
- The Troop will be responsible for 4 of the meals (2 breakfast & 2 lunch.)
- The Troop is covering transportation cost.
- Scout Bucks from the BBQ can be used to pay for part or all of the trip.
- If there is a financial concern to be able to pay for the trip, please contact Mike Olert or myself.
Additional Information for Adult Volunteers:
Thank you and we look forward to a great skiing adventure with the Troop!
- Please indicate if you can drive and how many total seats in your vehicle.
- David Belk volunteered to pull the trailer but we would like a backup identified if David has to travel for business.
- Need 2-3 Grubmasters. This is the easiest grubmaster duty you could have on a trip so a good opportunity to volunteer.
Link to Winterplace Ski Brochure: http://www.winterplace.com/pdfs</x>/Winterplace.pdf
Winterplace Home Page: http://www.winterplace.com/
- Walt Blackwood & Greg LeBlanc