Scouts, Scout Masters, and Troop parents,
The Joe Hutchison family (founding scoutmaster for the troop) residence was located on the land now occupied by the Essex Condominium. In 1906, the original Carmel Presbyterian church was formed by a splinter group from Sharon Presbyterian Church. The Hutchison family donated 3 acres of their property to enable this splinter group to build their church and cemetery. The original Carmel Presbyterian Church was disbanded in 1928. Once the church disbanded, the Hutchison family joined Sardis Presbyterian Church. The property ownership reverted back to the Hutchison family. There are several Hutchison family members still buried there. The current Carmel Presbyterian Church was re-formed at a later date. The cemetery site has been unmaintained for years.
2016 Event Archive >