See forms at bottom of this page in addition to links found in the text.
I recommend that each parent read the short leader's guide for the camp your scout will attend. This will give you an overview, including a recommended personal gear list.
The leader's guides are located here:
Gear / Equipment
- Official Guides. Please take a look at the personal equipment checklist in the Administration Guide: 2016 Administrative Guide (both camps)
- Troop 33 Guide. See attachment at the bottom of this page.
- Foam pad and sleeping bag
- Plastic tub that fits under cot
- Synthetic fabrics that can be rinsed and reused
- A scout needs less clothes than you might think
- Snacks in sealed plastic container. Will put in trailer each night.
- Optional funds for camp store and ice cream
- Pocket knife purchase rule
- No electronics other than watches and headlights (extra batteries)
- Pre-departure Saturday 6/18
- June 18, 9 am at the hut
- All scouts must attend and check in all gear, except class A uniforms (with neckerchief and slide but without sash).
- Need adult volunteers for the following sign up tables: 1) final medical forms and meds concerns; 2) Friday night dinner sign up; 3) special transportation arrangements on Sunday, June 26; 4) confirm merit badge books, special materials and prepay amounts; 5) uniform purchases; 6) post-camp BOR signup.
- Departure Sunday 6/19
- All scouts must arrive at hut by 8:41 am.
- Patrol file at 8:46 am
- Bus departs at 9 am.
- Bring a bag lunch and drink.
- End of Camp Dinner, Friday 6/24
- All parents invited
- Need parent volunteer to organize and deliver
- Historically has been Price's fried chicken plus parent-supplied pot luck items
- Return Saturday 6/25
- Arrive at hut by noon
- Each scout will ride back on the bus unless he is headed for a destination other than the Charlotte area.