posted Jun 23, 2013, 5:57 PM by Lance Read
updated Jun 23, 2013, 6:25 PM by Lance Read
As a follow up to last Wednesday’s HA meeting we wanted to pass along the following:
- Money - $500/attendee due on June 24, 2013 and balance due ($500/attendee) on July 14, 2013. If you provided your own airline ticket, you pay on June 24.
- Med Forms - Get them to Greg LeBlanc (either electronic or hard copy). (see main HA page for forms)
- Consent Forms - We need a form completed by parent of each Scout attending. (if parent is attending, still want just in case). Need by July 14, 2013 (see main HA page for forms)
- WE WILL HAVE A SHAKEDOWN FOR THE ENTIRE GROUP AT THE SCOUT HUT ON SUNDAY JULY 14 AT 1:00 (EXCEPT CRAIG WHO IS IN BUFFALO, NY) THE PURPOSE OF THE MEETING IS TO CHECK OUR FOOD AND ALL THE BOYS BACKPACKS. THIS IS MANDATORY
- Packing List – The boys will have three separate bags to pack. The first is their back pack. Please have your son use the list (see main HA page for list) and get everything done ASAP. You must make sure this is done correctly. The boys have backpacked enough to know what they need but the list provides a nice guideline. The pack will be checked by an adult at the shakedown. The backpack will be put into a large duffle bag and checked in at the airport. Second is their touring bag. This will be carried with them on the plane and will have the touring clothes they will be walking around in as well as the toiletries they will need while staying at the Boys & Girls club. They will pack their sleeping bag and pad in their backpack. We will then transfer that over when we arrive at the Boys and Girls Club so they can use it there. Since bags are $25 to check we are only checking the backpacks. ($25 per person each way is budgeted in price of trip) The third and final bag is their daypack. The boys can use this to carry snacks, electronics, books etc. It is easier to access this and they can also use it while touring if they choose to.
- While traveling we will be in the following attire:
Colin is working on a very exciting touring schedule. Will get back to all the boys with the news.
We want to arrive at the airport at 6:00 AM Wednesday morning the 17th of July. This will require us to leave the hut at 5:30. We know this is early but there is much to do for 15 people to get through the process.
Please pack some food for your son to eat the morning of the 17th for breakfast. Food is very expensive in the airport and especially on the plane. It is a 5 hour plane ride.
Did I mention we are having a MANDATORY SHAKEDOWN MEETING on Sunday July 14 at 1:00. In this meeting we will go over each scouts back pack.
We leave in just over three weeks. Please get the packing done as early as possible so they can go back and check it to make sure it is right.
This is going to be the best trip ever!
- On the airplane and at dinner: Scout shirt and pants or shorts, scouts socks and brown shoes
- Touring will be in the new High Adventure shirt, nice pair of shorts (no gym shorts please) and comfortable shoes
- On the trail. They know this one. BE COMFORTABLE! Please make sure they have hiking boots that are broken in.