posted May 11, 2014, 11:35 AM by Lance Read
updated May 11, 2014, 11:37 AM by Lance Read
Details for the Backpacking Trip:
- We will depart at the usual time on Fri at 5:30 p.m.
- Stay at Lake Toxaway Community Ctr on Fr night (stay in tents on the ground of the Comm. Ctr).
- Break camp early Sat a.m. and drive to trailhead. Eat Breakfast at trailhead and get on trail by 8:30 a.m.
- Main troop will hike a 12.7 mile trail while Shark will hike a 4.8 miles trail on Sat.
- Eat breakfast at camp site and break camp early Sun. 2.9 mile hike out with stop for Sunday service at water falls. Should return to trailhead by 10:30 a.m on Sunday.
- Fire station tour on Sun a.m., with lunch at the fire station. Depart Fire station at 12:30 with ETA at hut at 4:00 p.m.