posted May 5, 2013, 1:08 PM by Lance Read
updated May 5, 2013, 1:38 PM by Lance Read
- Attachment--form on main event page
- Foam pad and sleeping bag
- Plastic tub that fits under
- Synthetic fabrics that can be
rinsed and reused
- A scout needs less clothes
than you might think.
- Snacks in sealed plastic
container. Will put in trailer each night.
- Optional funds for camp store
and ice cream
- Pocket knife purchase rule
- No electronics other than
watches and headlights (extra batteries)
Merit Badge Sign Up
- Attachment--sign up form on main event page.
- Each scout's requests, plus
at least three alternates, due to Steve Hunting and Kevin Woods by Troop
meeting on May 6.
- Each scout must have all six
time blocks (9, 10 and 11 am and 2, 3 and 4 pm) filled.
- Make sure your scout meets
- Include some Eagle required
- Questions? Ask Kevin
Woods or Steve Hunting.
- Need adult volunteers to
help with web site sign up around June 1.
Medical Forms and Insurance Card
- Complete all three parts and
deliver to Greg LeBlanc by Troop meeting on May 13 unless you have made
special arrangements with Greg.
- Form located at www.scouting.org/scoutsource/HealthandSafety/ahmr.aspx
- Part must be completed by a
- Also deliver to Greg enlarged
copies of both sides of your insurance card on one side of a piece of
- Balance due to Lou Magaldi at
Troop meeting on May 20.
- Troop must pay by June 1.
(No Troop meeting on Memorial Day, May 26.)
- Total amounts: Powhatan
$300; Claytor Lake and Mountain Man $330.
End of Camp Friday Dinner
- All parents invited
- Need parent volunteer to
organize and deliver
- Historically has been Price's
fried chicken plus parent-supplied pot luck items
Pre-departure Saturday 6/15
- June 15, 9 am at the hut
- All scouts must attend and
check in all gear, except class A uniforms (with neckerchief and slide but
- Need adult volunteers for the
following sign up tables: 1) final medical forms and med pacs; 2)
Friday night dinner sign up; 3) special transportation arrangements on
Sunday, June 23; 4) confirm merit badge books, special materials and
prepay amounts; 5) uniform purchases; 6) post-camp BOR signup.
Departure Sunday 6/16
- All scouts must arrive at hut
by 8:41 am.
- Patrol file at 8:46 am
- Bus departs at 9 am.
- Bring a bag lunch and drink.
Return Saturday 6/23
- Arrive at hut by noon
- Each scout will ride back on
the bus unless he is headed for a destination other than the Charlotte
SPL and ASPL
- Now seeking volunteers.
- Excellent leadership
opportunities for older scouts
- Will designate by May 20
- Will require some
preparation before June 16
- Duty roster
- Scout teams for dinner and
- Camp leadership meetings
- Grubmaster, Walter Linker
- Quartermaster, Kevin Woods
- Bus driver
- Trailer hauler
- Attending: Steve
Hunting, Kevin Woods, Walter Linker, David Belk and Robert Lambert
Please visit the trip description page for additional details and updated information: Summer Camp - Jun 16