This months trip is to the Tanawha Trail in Blowing Rock on the Blue Ridge Parkway. We will be staying at Julian Price Park both Friday and Saturday. This is a 14 mile hike along the Parkway. We will be hiking with day packs. Here is information for your patrols to use at their patrol meetings.
- Each patrol will need Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner. Light snack if they want Sunday morning. The trailer will be available for Saturday breakfast and dinner.
- Patrols will cook a meal on the trail and also cook for the adults hiking with them. (Patrols will be reimbursed for cost of adult lunch)
- Saturday night patrols will cook a normal dinner. We will also have a Dutch oven dessert competition.
- Please encourage your patrols to pack their day packs appropriately for the hike.
- rain gear
- two Nalgenes
- one or two stoves for cooking lunch
- a patrol tarp
- a first aid kit
- a water pump
- trail snacks
- food for lunch.
- We have asked the boys to give us ideas for Saturday night activities. Will have this by Monday.
- We will take the bus to the trailhead Saturday morning. Sharks and their adults will return to camp and do their activities from there.
- Sunday morning we are going to breakfast at the Daniel Boone Inn! Our reservation is at 10:30. Will plan to leave camp at 9:30.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this trip.Randy S