We will be exploring Worley’s Cave in Bluff City, Tenessee. The cave has been called the “best natural spelunking spot this side of the Mississippi.”
One of our T-33 Eagle Scouts, Cary Gavin, will be serving as our guide in the cave. He has led several groups through the cave in the past and is very familiar with preparing and guiding groups in the cave.
**Important: See main page here: Worley's Cave - Jan 15 and read attached Word Document which contains absolutely required equipment!
- 5:30 pm - Depart hut and drive to First Baptist Church in Bluff City Tennessee.
- 9:00 pm – arrive at church. We will be sleeping on a gym floor. We will have bathroom facilities but no cooking facilities. PLC.
- 7:00 am - Breakfast at the church. Probably best to plan for a “no-cook” breakfast by patrol for Saturday morning.
- 7:30 am – clean up/pack up.
- 8:00 am - Depart church. Five minute drive to Worley’s Cave.
- 8:15 am – 8:45 am - Additional instructions/safety briefing.
- 9:00 am - 1:00 pm Caving! Feel free to bring a patrol snack for the cave. However nothing decomposes in the cave, so whatever you bring should not be messy/crumbly. Cliff bar/power bar would be a good choice.
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm – Exit cave, clean up, change clothes, eat lunch by patrol and prepare to return to Charlotte.
- 5:30 pm – Arrive back at the Hut, clean any gear, dismiss